Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Me


My annual Yume Nikki fix. I was so busy last year that I forgot about it in 2017, but now let’s return towards a countless amount of rabbit holes.

Me is actually the most inferior fan game I have played yet. With few effects available, there are less animations. But instead, you can combine two effects to transform into wacky figures and thus combine effects.

Collecting mysterious orbs along the game’s area’s and rooms is another objective, and the more you collect, the better your ending will be. What Me also does different is that there is dialogue to be found, and more interaction than other versions, but still, it’s all quite confounding.


Speaking of which, there are enough weird and creepy worlds to explore, but the overall effective is lower, or I simply have seen similarities. As far as horror goes, I honestly wasn’t scared by anything in here, including the visuals and the sound, despite it looking and sounding abstract.

Some places look quite alien and hellish which is immersive, while others looked plain and or dull. The surreal imagery does not fail, but I have seen better. As far as theories, interpretations and multilingual definitions go, I wasn’t interested this time.

It seems like we are dealing with another mute girl here, with another dream complex of worldly detours. Me is more of the same, which is good and bad, but let’s not forget that I am experiencing fan games at this point. Still, I’m glad that there are many available.

Rating: 6.6

No comments: