Sunday, October 27, 2013

Haunted Castle


Haunted Castle can reference plenty of things, including a video game, an actual haunted castle, or in this case, a Halloween event in The Netherlands. I am glad that Halloween is becoming more popular, it's too bad I missed this during my youth.

With a couple of friends most of us dressed up for the occassion, including a banshee, a vampire, a guy with too much blood on his t-shirt, two members of the Addams family and myself playing as Billy the puppet, or Jigsaw's way of communicating.

Surprisingly, people wanted to take pictures with me, while some of them got scared of my presence even though my act was that I could not talk, but only play a soundboard on my mobile once in a while of pronouncing that I want to play a game.

We saw an independent movie called "Rood" based upon a fairy tale, a metal band, scare zones, a freakshow and numerous places where things were on sale. I gotta say that the carnival zone and the scare zone were rather dissapointing, or my expectations were too high.

Still, I am glad to have experienced a somewhat horror "maze" for the first time, although I think there are better ones out there. Other recognizable figures I saw were plenty of witches, zombies, a quarantine guy most likely from The Crazies, Slender Man, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees and a random tall guy with a chainsaw.

Haunted Castle was a fun event, if you can understand the culture surrounding Halloween and horror media in general. This might not be the last time I will go to an event like this, as I am already wondering on how to dress for next year.

No comments: