Thursday, October 17, 2019

Beetlejuice


Ahh, this takes me back to my early years of my life.

I did see this movie once as a small child, but I almost completely forgot about this movie in between the time I was still a kid and now, until I saw the movie for the second time finally once again this evening.

Gosh, what a hell of a ride this movie, featuring memorable horrifying and fantasy scenes, some funny quotes and moments, an interesting philosophy about the living, the dead and those guiding the dead in the afterlife, and lastly great characters such as the clownish Beetlejuice himself of course.

I knew right away before I saw this movie once again how I pictured him played by Michael Keaton even after all these years. Anyway some of the music felt fitting and classic at the same time for me, such as the opening music and the one playing at the end credits.

In overall, I definitely liked seeing this movie again, and I bet it would be great to see it again, since I think it's a re watchable movie for sure, despite being a short movie. A sequel has been hinted at for years, but will we ever see it?

Rating: 7.5

No comments: