Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Taiwan


Often stated to be an overlooked country when compared with the rest of Far East Asia, Taiwan otherwise known as the Republic of China and Formosa, is different enough compared to People's Republic of China.

As my former favorite snackbar family hails from over here, I had enough reasons to visit. While I only sticked to Taipei, I might tackle more in the future.

The 2 major Taiwan figures known as Dr. Sun Yat-sen and Chiang Kai-shek are worshipped and respected here in their memorial halls, detailing interesting history lessons on the far Eastern front during the 20th century. 

I did not know anything about them before visiting so that's a nice surprise. Experiencing Taipei 101 though with it's observatory deck, I don't know, I felt like I had seen it several times before with tall towers in other countries. 

I also hiked Elephant Mountain and Yangminshan for some pretty pictures, and it's always convenient that a metro/subway system is present.

The people and the food in general seemed to be nice and minded their own business, although I was approached by a few curious residents, and I saw the least amount of tourists here.

Taiwan might surprise you with it's culture and history, and it's rather unknown nature landscapes are also sufficient for visiting. I might not have made friends here, but I definitely had my hands full with sightseeing!

No comments: