Friday, December 29, 2017

My Ear Hummering Story, Part 3

Sadly, my ear hummering, and my inferior hearing continue to stalk and handicap me, with no recovery in sight.

The former mostly happens when I get sick or I train intensely, while the latter plagues me 24/7. A few weeks ago, my titanium prosthesis device that was making things more stable inside spontaneously fell off from my right ear.

Combine that issue with the fact that I cannot hear my colleagues at my new job at all when they whisper or speak in low tones, and then I decided that it's time to get hearing aids.

Because I no longer want to pretend on a daily basis that I thought that I heard particular words, or that I keep guessing what the current topic is about if I happen to be unable to hear the decibel levels of audio.

After 6 operations on my ears and waiting years for natural recovery, my patience is done. After visiting my personal and original hospital doctor and the audiologist, they agree with my decision.

It's hard to accept as this strikes at my pride and finance, but in return another world will open to me, just like when I got my first glasses and eye pieces as a teenager.

Nowadays, there are invisible(expensive) devices available, and even glasses/hearing hybrids combining the two. For now, I will start with regular small ones, which I expect to get around February.

I also know for sure that the reason why my ears are lesser than others happened naturally and biologically, as I never went out to parties, festivals etc. back then, I was aware of protecting myself from loud noises, and there is no other known reason.

I'm sure that my overall condition will improve and that I will get used to the devices, but I will always keep my eyes out for a breakthrough in the world of medical science. Perhaps nanotechnology might be the answer one day.


No comments: