Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Year of the RPG

I proclaim this for me personally, the Year of the RPG.

Why?

That's because I have yet to touch and start on numerous amounts of RPG series out there. Be it Western or Japanese RPG's, Turn based or Action based, Strategic or Tactical, there is much to experience out there still for me.

I will attempt to at least beat one RPG of any kind, of a new series each month this year. That means that the very first part of it would suffice for me under these conditions, even if that means that they were produced and released before my birth year of 1988.

Of course, I understand without a doubt that the RPG genre is the most time consuming out of all video game genres, but that won't stop me, as I will focus only on single player entries, or at best offline multiplayer entries.

Not much RPG series come to mind of the ones I have experienced already. These include from the top of my head Final Fantasy(I through XV minus XI and XIV), Seiken Densetsu(2 & 3), the Mario RPG's(all), Lufia(1 & 2), Mass Effect(1-3), Mother(1-3) Tales of (Phantasia, Symphonia, Zestiria), The Witcher(1-3) and Mega Man Battle Network(1-6). Keep in mind that I'm talking about series then, which I describe as those which have at least 3 titles.

And now comes a brief list on paper, but a huge list by it's entries, of RPG series I finally wish to experience this year:

-Dragon Quest
-Elder Scrolls
-Fallout
-Megami Tensei
-Persona
-Kingdom Hearts
-Front Mission
-Star Ocean
-Breath of Fire
-Golden Sun
-Suikoden
-Grandia
-Langrisser

That's a lot, huh? Wish me luck! If you have any recommendations and reasons for them, based upon my interests, feel free to comment.

No comments: