Monday, December 26, 2016

Windows 10


Contrary to popular trending, I waited a year before I rolled out Windows 10 to improve upon my Windows 7 Ultimate.

I was a bit afraid and skeptical of the doom scenarios involving the events that Microsoft's newest OS would basically collect and log everything you do,  but then I figured that I was able to tweak some settings and keep my sanity that I don't have anything to hide, yet I still value my privacy.

Windows 10 is now roughly available for 1.5 years and notable features which I have noticed include a graphical simpler overhaul of the user interface with a mix from Windows 8, a redefined browser named Edge and DirectX 12.

Of course, there is more introduced, including the assistant Cortana, universal apps akin to IoT's technology and ideology and numerous technical updates, upgrades and name changes towards established features, but that is all at this moment not important to me.

This is simply a small review or perhaps a preview on the long term usage that I am at this moment content with Windows 10 despite the doom articles and the giant updates every now and then, and let's not forget about the way Microsoft forced the infamous system tray pop up every now and then.

Eventually I will explore the OS and study it further officially, but for now, I am satisfied. I definitely liked Windows 7 and even Windows XP before that, while I kind of experienced Windows 8(not 8.1), but now it's time to use perhaps Microsoft's last traditional OS as we know it.

No comments: