Thursday, December 15, 2016

PlayStation 4, Part Two


I have been a new member of the PlayStation family since 2014. After I got baited into falling for the Destiny combo with a white console, I ditched the former while I had to wait atleast for a full year until the truly interesting and good games started coming out, and I'm talking about exclusives then.

After humble but great beginnings happened with The Last of Us Remastered and Bloodborne,  I don't regret buying the system at all, as I previously borrowed a PlayStation 3 from a friend and beat and reviewed numerous games, acquiring the taste and knowledge that the brand has enough good exclusives.

Now let´s talk about the other features and stuff for a bit. PlayStation Now as a cloud gaming service has failed for me so far, because while I am able to play natural PS4 games online just fine and smoothly, the streaming games lagged painfully beyond being playable.

The PS4 Pro is overkill for me at the moment, because not only can it not playback Blu-ray discs, but I don't have a 4K TV either. The only true improvement it has for me is that some games will get 60 frames per second.

PlayStation Plus is at first a weird requirement to play online, but after a few months I got my "value" of it back by providing free games. Usually, these would be average indie games, but sometimes, titles like Resident Evil Remastered would definitely make me happy to have a subscription, and of course to be able to play multiplayer online.

The PlayStation VR seems to be succesful for now, but I think that I myself am not ready for it yet, nor do I think that there are truly groundbreaking VR games available for it yet. Plus, the price for the device is rather expensive,

My gaming library in early 2016 expanded from 7 games, to 17 games at the end of december, proving that the system has enough magnificent good quality of games out, and there are many upcoming promising games coming out in early 2017, which I will mention in january traditionally.

I don't mind buying particular third party games for it despite having a good PC, because I feel that some games are better played on a big HD TV, and I prefer to play third person perspectives on my couch.

So in overall, right now, I am really, really enjoying all of the games in my collection, and Sony has easily "provided" for me as a gamer this year, while Nintendo clearly hasn't. 2017 cannot come soon enough in order to experience the latest in gaming!

No comments: