Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Family Break

For the third annual time, my father and mother, brother and stepsister, and little cousin, as well as I, have performed a family break, in between the busy chaos of every day activities.

As some kind of tradition, 2 years ago we were at Renesse in Zeeland, a year ago at Noordwijk in Noord Holland, and now we were at Hellendoorn in Overijssel for a full week, the longest time together inside a vacation house yet.

After breakfast, we would usually do a citytrip then, or visit some other place, such as an aquarium, a forest, or a beach. We would eat and drink whatever we wanted, play board games in the evening, buy gifts and do our hobbies while relaxing all around.

Truthfully, the main spotlight goes towards my little cousin, who gets all of the attention and love he deserves. Secondary, it's quality family time in general. And also, especially for this year, I needed a somewhat normal vacation, badly.

We intend to continue this trend for next year, perhaps go a bit further geographically, if possible. Not only is it healthy to perform in these kinds of breaks, there are also moments where I reflect back, and attempt to reset and improve my life further.

It's hard to do so this year for so many of us, but I will keep trying to live happily, no matter how dire my personal situation or the world situation becomes. Family breaks like these act like memorable highlights, and I will keep trying to expand upon that.

No matter how long it takes, as long as I keep trying.


No comments: