Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Spotify and the Discovery of Music

 

I have been using this for about 3 months. Before that, I largely ignored the music industry.

Now with Spotify, I can finally discover music, as odd as that might sound. Now I can look up the names of songs, the biography of artists, figure out on which album the songs came with, or vice versa, and perhaps best of all, I get music suggestions.

With suggestions, you discover more. Also, creating, sharing and following playlists is another very popular feature to use, and the user interface is slick, smooth and stylish. This freemium service comes with advertisements, but once you upgrade to Premium subscription, you will have full control.

Having it installed on my smartphone, my smart TV and I guess my smart PC, synchronizing and streaming between devices was getting used to it at first, but now it works. I call also blast the music inside my car through an AUX cable.

I haven't discovered yet under which genres a particular song is associated with, but under Wikipedia, those are listed. Maybe it's already available in some form, maybe not. Maybe it just takes time to categorize each song, album and artist under genres in an algorithm manner.

Spotify has enriched my life, now I can finally discover and say the names of popular songs easier, or let others hear what I have been listening too. Praise must also be given to it's gigantic availability of countless songs, as it feels like the whole music industry is present.

It's really a streaming service that would make the cinema industry a much better place for film buffs if they would use it as an example so that we would no longer have dozens of apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and the upcoming Disney+, while potentially paying for all of the subscriptions.

Oh, and shout out to the app Shazam too, for recognizing unknown songs to me on the radio and elsewhere!

No comments: