Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Kingdom Hearts




Long ago in 2003, I bought this as a birthday gift towards my brother. As I borrowed it once, I never continued on when I was fighting in Monstro.

Now I have finally beaten it for the first time. The concept is exciting and it surprisingly works, Square Enix and Disney team up in order to bring you Kingdom Hearts, where Action RPG gameplay and Final Fantasy cameos meet the many worlds of Disney’s magical stories.

Combat is straightforward and Donald plus Goofy are likable, but I liked the soundtrack most of all(especially with all of the various battle themes), and the story with themes about darkness, light and hearts is okay and keeps the plot going. With optional challenges and a big enough of an adventure to venture through, Kingdom Hearts is a true surprise hit from 2002.

Rating: 8.3


Sora, Donald and Goofy go on a new adventure to find Riku and stop Organization XIII’s plans for domination, whom use the Nobodies as replacement for the Heartless.

KH II is improved with gameplay and customization, and the new Disney worlds are welcome additions next to the returning ones. The story is fine until it all gets convoluted near the climax, which apparently seems to be the status quo with this franchise.

After beating it I must say that I had about the same amount of fun as with the previous one, although the challenge is easier here. For now I will skip the other entries in this collection and return to them as well as the other compilation on the PS4 before Kingdom Hearts III arrives maybe this year!

Rating: 8.3 

And it should be no surprise by now that this franchise is infamous for it's convoluted story, but also it's horrible subtitles, such as "Final Chapter Prologue".

No comments: