Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Joy of Creativity

There's this feeling one can get upon completing a project or piece of art that reflects back to you or to others. Now I don't claim to know anything on a deeper level about arts, but I do know that joy is present if you have worked hard on something.

I used to draw comics, or Flok comics in the past. With original characters I would write silly short stories, and sometimes bring up references. As much as I would like to revive that, there simply is no time for it at the moment.

There were also very few occassions where I would re-draw favorite characters.  Or that I would write my own stories, even at one point dreaming about making an actual publication about for instance the horror or suspense genre.

Game design might have been my most ambitious attempt at creativity through. I already talked about this in a previous post, and I just wanted to point out that this dream is not over yet. I hope that there will be one moment when I will give my full dedication towards finishing atleast one game.

The joy of creativity is quite deeper than my examples, as there are of course many kinds of people with many kinds of opinions and feelings to consider when speaking about creativity. I just wanted to express that I acknowledge the importance of creating, joy, basically.

And that also includes writing up these blog posts.

No comments: