Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Amazon Kindle

 

(Insert marketing sales man voice)

The Amazon Kindle is a series of e-readers which lets you conveniently read books digitally with a small size while simultaneously allowing you to potentially carry over 100 books with you on one device alone.

With it's bright beaming light and long battery output, it's one of the best e-readers on the market. Although I must confess that I am not sure which Amazon Kindle version I currently possess, other than I have a green cover for it.

Of course, Amazon is well known for being the biggest online market place in the United States with lots of commerce and cloud computing. Truly, competition of online market places has seriously damaged local markets, even over here in The Netherlands.

So far, I have read famous horror novels such as Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, or language and political insights like Noam Chomsky's Syntactic Structures or Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf.

Amazon's Kindle is a great companion to have, especially when I am traveling the world.(assuming I have time for it then!) There's still a charm to reading actual books, but the positive aspects of an e-reader are hard to ignore.

No comments: