Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Ear Hummering Story, Part 2

It has been 10 years since I was operated upon for the first time, primarily in my right ear. Since my last ear hummering story, 3 new operations have happened. Although the hummering incident is solved, it still returns whenever I feel sick, or I if I had an operation.

This time, the three operations would focus on improving my hearing, which still was unstable between the two ears. My original doctor has been continueing with my case since then, and as I type this, I am recovering from my final operation.

I say final because after 6 operations I have decided with my family and the doctor that this is the last time I am doing this. It's not that I want to reject medical science, but personally, I am growing tired of struggling results where my hearing still hasn't improved.

Unless a new breakthrough will happen in the speciality of throat, ears and nose, I will for now recover and as always patiently await positive results, which in this case means improving my right ear.

Should there not be any kind of improvement, then my last resort is getting an artificial hearing device, which in the older days would usually be seen weared by older humans, but nowadays, my younger niece for instance has one, and the devices are smaller than ever, even making them invisible.

I have been an enduring patient, even according to my own doctor, but I must simply play the waiting game one more time. I forgot the results of the 4th operation, but the 5th one is where my doctor implanted a prosthesis device in order to assist my natural audible organs.

Unfortunately, and kind of like another shocking twist, the prosthesis device completely fell out of my right ear after a week, and even my doctor was baffled by it. For my 6th operation, biological tissue of my ear would be used to paste a new prosthesis device.

And this makes me return to present time, because the final operation is successful, like all the others previously. Let's hope that I will be able to hear better for once, because I am so tired of living like this and making communications more difficult.

No comments: