Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Samsung Galaxy S10


Almost 2 years later, I couldn't resist but to get a subscription for the tenth edition of the Samsung Galaxy brand known worldwide.

This is my 4th and perhaps final smartphone I will get in it. From S2 to S4, and from S8 to S10, these smaller generation gaps mean that specification wise, there won't be much of an improvement from a consumer point of view.

There is a new biometric way of using your finger print in order to unlock the Android OS, and although it doesn't always work, I registered two of my thumbs and also registered a PIN code just in case I lost both of my fingerprints, and/or it happened to be heavy raining.

After foolishly discovering late last year that my S8 was able to record in 4K resolution all the time, this time I was curious to compare my GoPro Hero 6 Black's wide shot imagery with the S10. It turns out that the S10 can shoot pretty wide shots, but the Hero 6 Black can do just that a bit further.

I was considering selling it, but that result, alongside the mounts being available and it's compact size makes me want to keep it for action moments. Back to the S10 though, alongside having 3 camera lenses on the back, at the front there are 2 camera lenses so that the fanatic among us can do selfies and tweak with filters even further.

By they way, I got the S10+ version, which means similar to the S8+, a better battery, and it's size is the same format. Migrating my data, my apps and my media from the two devices happened swiftly and easily, and within an hour or 2, using my new phone felt instantly familiar.

5GHz is supported for the upcoming future, it's storage can go up to 1 Terabyte, it's processing power is agile and not entirely on-topic, but I love the GPS technology. It is so vital towards navigating to new destinations, and it's crucial to use during my travels!

I did not really need this tenth edition as far as specifications go, but I couldn't resist, which makes me part of the smartphone zombie army which has been going on for years...at least I'm not buying them annually, as with smart phones I'm used towards using subcriptions instead.

And with a new pretty book case and a screen protector shielding it, as well as having bought a compatible car mount for my Spotify and navigation sessions while driving, and I am made whole again with this powerful part of mobile life.



No comments: