Thursday, July 30, 2020

Get Equipped With Streaming

I finally did it, I decided to video myself towards a potential audience that might potentially grow and enjoy the way I will entertain and inform them through the way I stream, and what I show as content, primarily video games.

I started a Twitch channel and account named Flow Factory, and there I shall be streaming as quoted by myself; "Most of all, retro and modern, short and action packed, indie and AAA, challenging, horror, sequels, classics and new IP's. Maybe 1 multiplayer game at a time. PC for now, Sony, Nintendo and retro consoles in the future.

To support this, I have bought a HyperX Quadcast microphone, a HyperX Alpha headset, and a Logitech Brio 4K Stream Webcam. To channel it towards Twitch, I started using the well known Open Broadcaster Software, however I can also activate a year subscription for XSplit.

So far, I have streamed and beaten Mega Man 1 through 4, Furi, Katana Zero and Dead Space. With 9 followers as of this writing, it's a humble beginning. My experience so far has been a learning curve, as there is much to research, but I have also enjoyed doing the talking.

After being done with the stream, since from what I understand that Twitch will delete the streams in 14 days, I instantly upload them towards my YouTube channel, and also save them on an external HDD, for 2 backups. In that way, I can maybe give some light and life towards YouTube as well in so far as my own content goes.

Of course, while this is all new for me personally, there are millions of others who are used with streaming content. I intend to stream at least once per weekend, and maybe more if I feel like it. I will also consider over the longer run if I will be able to keep enjoying this, time and experience will tell.

At the very least, for now, Flow Factory will act as a supplement towards Flok Factory. Seeming as we are halfway through 2020 already, I may or may not pull the plug on this blog, or I could sustain it by combining blogging with streaming. And no, I am not interested in doing vlogging, yet.

Let's go stream something fun again, soon. And while doing so, I will do more research about equipment, tweaks, promotion, watch other channels and see how far this can go for me.

https://www.twitch.tv/flow_factory
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfvQLwgxxUzR6ELoTm_eIYA?view_as=subscriber
https://twitter.com/Flow_Rush

No comments: