Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Floreo


Last friday, I finished my client focused training hosted by the organization Floreo.

Focusing on effective communication and observing behavior, it was not the first training I would be studying surrounding this subject. But, this time, I was with a motivated and enthusiastic team, and thus, I look back on it with a smile.

Some new techniques I was learning included active listening, which has several layers of doing so, positively influencing, which turned out to be my favorite one to practice anywhere possible, the power of silence during conversations and it's impact, plus the mentality of turning "Yes, but...!" responses towards "Yes, and...!".

That last one opened quite a different new view towards what both of those responses really represent negatively and positively, and they got me thinking. Bending over resistance was another intriguing topic and theory to practice out there, such as during conflicts of opinions or interests, or dealing with complaints.

More topics were also featured, and most of them would be practiced out by the group at the lessons themselves, and back in our personal and business lives. One skill I did not experience for over 10 years was doing presentations towards audiences.

During these six months, I did 7 presentations, reporting about the practices I did, but also presenting new ideas for my department, showing my overall interest for the Korean Peninsula, and portraying my future plan towards improving myself.

I'm glad that I was given the opportunity to partake into this communication training, and I feel that I have improved further as a professional, but also at understanding humans and their tools of language better.

No comments: