Monday, April 29, 2019

Prague

 

For my second city trip, I went to the capital of the current Czech Republic, Prague, with Rick.

I was unfortunately constantly coughing throughout the weekend and had a minor fever, but I still wanted to do this. Back in 2013, I briefly visited only Cesky Krumlov in the south, and now with this trip done, I can say that it's an ideal pick for sightseeing.

Close nearby and landlocked by larger and arguably more major definitive countries, the Czech Republic has seen a fair amount of experiences, and the historical Bohemian region is what drove me to visit.

I finally managed to strike off one of my scary travel locations I wanted to see; the Sedlec Ossuary based at the former mining city of Kutna Hora, where at least 40.000 parts of human bones are decorated in a uniquely fashion, while being surrounded by a grave yard.

The capital also had a fair amount of visually striking sights to see. The Old Town square with the Tyn Church, the Astronomical Clock and the lively marketplace with joyful music playing transferred me to a medieval mindset, while the Charles Bridge captured that further.

Prague Castle is considered the world's largest ancient castle complex, although aside from the St.Vitus Cathedral, I wasn't that impressed by it, as an actual form factor of a castle wasn't really present.

Nonetheless, Prague is an easy choice to explore during a weekend, and there was enough variety to see.

No comments: