Monday, March 18, 2019

Losing Weight

Living on my own since august 2017, something bad was happening; I got more fat. Normally I would weigh around 83 to 85 KG, while my length is 1.83M. I was 95 KG at the beginning of February, and that's when I told myself to stop and change direction.

In the past, I used to play baseball with my dad, perform tennis, do swimming, play chess and of course train Kenpo Karate. Since the beginning of 2018, I promised to compensate by going to the fitness club and do jogging instead.

While I would jog once per week over the summer, the fitness club was gradually fading away, until I started with a protein rich diet on the 18th of February this year. 1 month later, and I have lost 3 kilogram's, and I still want to go down at least 7 more.

Perhaps the major reasons that this was happening is because of my current busy lifestyle, and also the temptation of a nifty invention called the AirFryer. That product is indefinite on hold at the moment, and as I am trying to sell it, I do plan to upgrade it after achieving this current goal, while maintaining the status quo by then.

Starting on the 18th of February, I read numerous internet articles with subjective opinions and contradictions, advises, and I got inspired by one of my friends, who recently considerably lost 12 kilograms, and it showed.

I started reading etiquette's on purchased products, I ate less per day looking at the calories, weighing the foods out of either curiosity or doubt, I ignored stuff like snacks, soda, desserts and fried consumptions, and I started eating eggs regularly in a week for the first time in my life.

Consuming more proteins like walnuts, fish and eggs, the feeling of having eaten enough per day increased because of this. I've also revived my sport sessions to twice a week, either with jogging or the fitness club, and currently I am on a tight but progressive schedule.

I even started doing trainings back at home, such as crunches, the skipping rope(on the attic) and mountain climbing. Admittedly, I still struggle with push-ups after doing 10 reps, as I find it to be a tough work out, but I will keep trying.

Losing weight can be very challenging, and sometimes, waiting for it can be annoying too. But once those kilograms start disappearing, you will feel motivated to keep it up, and of course because of this and the diet, you will lead a healthier life!

Being conscious of food and body, it's wise and fun.

No comments: