Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Get Equipped With: LG C8


After having a meager Samsung HD television of 40 inch for the last 6 years and having enjoyed it, I discovered that one of my friends had a much larger TV, which blew my mind. As I was flabbergasted by it, my mind started roaming.

I started researching the current television market and read the numerous reviews available as to what terminology such as QLED, OLED, 4K and Dolby Vision meant. For a while, I was confounded and stressed about which upgrade would blew me away simultaneously.

I was sold by the review of LG C8 on Rtings.com, and since this summer, I have enjoyed it immensely. After a few days, it was like common nature, and I'm used to it, but the reactions I get from friends and family are still enjoyable.

This is my first OLED 4K based TV with a whopping form of 65 inch, which is tremendous for most of us, but funny enough, you can even buy 75 and 85 inch consumer levels of TV's nowadays, if you are even more insane and have more money than me!

As they advertise, with OLED, black pixels are really black, and the level of detail is immersive, especially when I am watching videos on Netflix or YouTube with 4K resolution. The very low input lag and the fact that the image remains great to view when watching from an angle really make this a luxury product.

It's a great TV for films, series, streaming and especially gaming, as I can spoil that I also bought a PlayStation 4 Pro this summer, and recently a Nintendo Switch too. Both of those systems will be reviewed next month.

The width of the LG C8's panel is also smaller than even my pink fingers, and a fun fact is that I with insanity lifted up it on my furniture by my own, as I could not wait longer. The LG WebOS software running is also very user friendly and the smart technology includes well known apps, bluetooth, Miracast, Ethernet, Dolby Vision and support for 5GHz.

Earlier this year, I also spoiled myself with a monster of a PC. That was meant for my 30th birthday. I'd like to think that this TV is meant for my 1st anniversary of having my own home. This year has surely been a crazy ride in several ways.

The LG C8 is a TV I will be very happily using for years to come!

But wait, there's more, check the next blog article...!


No comments: