Friday, November 30, 2018

Get Equipped With: GoPro HERO 6 Black

 

My first action camera, I was looking for good mixture between picture/video camera quality, and I think that I have found a nice balance. Despite that HERO 7 was announced about a week later after buying it last summer, the specifications are really about the same.

It's a very small device that can work with plenty of additional communication technologies to keep your experience smooth, such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and using a dedicated mobile app to manage close and remote.

There are plenty of accessoires available which are called mounts which let you mount the camera on numerous objects, such as an helmet, your wrist or a tripod. They are rather expensive, and using a semi selfie stick is enough for me, although mine is missing a handy button at the bottom letting me snap shots easier as I do with my Galaxy S8.

I got hooked when I learned that this little camera can film in 4K resolution, while having 60 frames per second at the same time. Learning also that the width of the camera's viewpoint is 170 degrees, I could capture more in higher overall quality.

The only downside is that the battery drains fast, filming constantly would let me do about an hour, but snapping pictures drains it quite fast too as long as it's on, so I had to buy a second external battery.

I used it in small manners briefly during my trip to Serbia in september, but I am planning to use it more, and the first opportunity is when I will be taking another brief trip to another country next month. I expect for next year to realize it's full potential, as I will tackle on large journeys then.

The GoPro Hero 6 Black is primarily used for sport enthousiasts such as surfing, bicycling and climbing, but it can also easily be used during vacations, festivals and parties. It won't beat the best of the photo and videocamera's, but it's a damn good versatile product.

No comments: