Friday, June 24, 2016

E3 2016 Thoughts: Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo

Ubisoft:

Girlwood.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is the umpteenth title of a series I never bothered to even look into to be honest. But I suppose they are realistic tactical shooters just like Rainbow Six.

I am definitely looking forward to South Park The Fractured But Whole as I really liked the first one!
Watch Dogs 2 will hopefully fix the performance, the textures and the bugs plagueing the first one.
And For Honor might be worth checking out.

Rating: C

Sony:


Easily the best show of E3 2016!

Starting with a great opening with the orchestra and God of War looks fantastic and is upon further investigation indeed a sequel and not a remake. Days Gone is a survival zombie third person shooter adventure in daylight with running hordes of zombies.

The Last Guardian has finally a release date, but unless the reviews will convince me, I am not very hyped for it at this moment. Horizon Zero Dawn looks like The Witcher, Tomb Raider, Zelda and sci-fi combined and also very promising.

Detroit: Become Human is getting ambitious of having many choices to progress the story. Resident Evil 7 was the biggest WTF surprise as no one expected the series to go first person!

The Playstation VR will sell for 399 dollars, I will have to check the reviews for each VR device at the end of this year before I will decide on which one I will get.

A Crash Bandicoot collecion of remasters seems interesting as I never played the platformers before! Death Stranding starring Norman Reedus, I have no idea what to expect from Hideo Kojima's new game, all I know is that the trailer was both cryptic and pretentious.

And finally the Spider Man game developed by Insomniac Games really clicked with me as well.

Rating: A
Nintendo:

Honestly, Nintendo was the biggest dissapointment for me.

Having only The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Pokemon Sun and Moon to show for the Wii U and 3DS, and nothing else of interest or surprises means that I really was craving for more. Even worse is that there was not even a Nintendo Direct happening this time.

I kind of understand that they are most likely wrapping up all of their projects for the NX as it apparently seems that no other Wii U games are coming out other than the troublesome looking Paper Mario Color Splash and an apparent Pikmin 4, but I am definitely not used to them having no surprise unravels this time.

Simply put, 2 promising titles was insufficient and way below the quantity of quality titles we normally get from the Big N. The times are changing, let's just hope that Nintendo will manage to recapture gamer's hearts once again with the reveal of the NX and her games, which is bound for a march release next year.

Rating: D

No comments: