Friday, June 24, 2016

E3 2016 Thoughts: Electronic Arts, Bethesda, Microsoft

Electronic Arts:


The conference within a conference event made me chuckle.

Known for it's numerous sports titles, Electronic Arts had an average run and it's too bad that Mass Effect Andromeda revealed little. Battlefield 1 looks great, and Titanfall 2 looks promising, adding single player plus portability to PlayStation 4 is nice.

The Stonemountain footage was random and funny.

Rating: C
Bethesda:

Despite being very famous for The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series, I have yet to start with either of them. My favorite Bethesda title at this moment is Wolfenstein The New Order, but I am intrigued by the new Doom as well.

As for the show, Quake Champions was a nice surprise, but later on I heard that it would be having multiplayer only. The Skyrim Special Edition might finally tempt me to start with Arena. Prey seemed to be a remake or reimagination? 

Dishonored 2 however was my favorite presentation for showing lenghty gameplay, behind the scenes and commentary.

Rating: C

Microsoft:

Xbone S seems like a good deal, and backwards compatibility is also live these days.

Gears of War 4 looks solid and bland at the same time. Recore seems like good times of platforming and action, and Scalebound seems like a typical Platinum Games title, but with co-op. Sea of Thieves had a boring trailer but good multiplayer footage with pirate ships!

Project Scorpio is apparently the most powerful upcoming console with 6 teraflops, but I understand that it's not a successor to the Xbone yet.

I am more surprised that almost all of the shown Xbone games are exclusive on Windows 10 as well, meaning that I will have to migrate for free soon
and get even more busy with video games!

Rating: C


I am not even gonna review the PC Gaming show as it was boring again, having no fixed identity unlike the other conferences.

No comments: