Sunday, April 27, 2014

King's Night and Day

Last year was the final Queen's Night and Day celebration for what will presumably be so for decades to come. This year, Dutch people will have the same excuse to go party and praise our nationalism, but this time, the king will be in the spotlight instead.

On King's Night, I went to a large party simply called King's Night as well, and I never have danced as intensely nor have I drank so many beers as any night before. However, I didn't feel drunk but rather more exhaused and tired. That is probably because the quality of the beer was poor.

Nonetheless, this was a successful night, as I was with a buddy and recognized some faces. No matter how much I try to let myself completely go and not give a fuck about anything, this still does not apply when attempting to scout and hunt the area, as I keep thinking about negative consequences.

This does not mean at all that it's necessary each time to meet new people, it just is inevitable to think about it whenever I am clubbing nowadays, as I do enjoy it more and more, having been quite dissapointed with it for years previously. I'm most of all speaking about girls then, in any case, the night or the day were not ruined by this.

After crashing at my friend's place, the next day, I was lucky to meet with other buddies despite having a shitty internet and tele connection for the whole day. Simply walking through the massive crowds in Utrecht while listening to events and looking at old wares and goods is a tradition on this special day.

In recent years, there have been more people that have criticized our monarchy and royal family, but it's hard to see this in reality, for there are enough reasons to go party and have fun. Next year, the formula of King's Night and Day will change for better or worse.

In any case, it's a great excuse to be and feel happy with your family, your friends and anyone else.

No comments: