Sunday, April 6, 2014

Flok's Fabulous Festival

It was that time of the year again, I turned 26! And after a break from last year's birthday party, I decided to return towards creating cocktails for all of my friends and family. It's a great feeling to continue to hear that pretty much everyone enjoys the drinks, but it remains a busy practice to do.

Especially when it's your own birthday and you almost had no time to celebrate for yourself. Of course, pretty much after the special event's winner, I had the time to catch up with almost everyone, but it's no vice when I happen to have quite a lot of friends, huh?

What was the special event? Well, aside from my usual favorite recipes such as Dark Matter, Fruity Flok and particularly for the women Cosmopolitan and Promenade, I finally decided to write something off my bucket list, which is attempting to create the Nuclear Fallout.

This is simply a silly name for a Pousse Cafe, however, it turns out that the winner of the special event(which basically meant telling me the best April Fool's joke)enjoyed it quite much. I am surprised and happy to hear this, but I think I could improve on the various alcoholic layers, see picture below:


Nuclear Fallout consisted of raspberry syrup, maraschino, yellow chartreuse, cointreau and blue curacao. I realize now by typing this that one of my ingredients was incorrect in it's usage already; I had raspberry liquor, not syrup.

In any case I had an amazing, busy yet nonetheless very fun time, and I felt happy to see that everyone was enjoying their evening with the rest. Perhaps, one day, I just might decide to pursue the creative and artistic world of bartending and especially cocktails even more.

No comments: