Friday, June 7, 2013

How to Make Super Smash Bros. 4

According to me, to make the fourth part stand out especially from Brawl is that plenty of changes can be done from what was established previously, with online play being the most important group to improve.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was although very entertaining, it didn't have the lasting appeal for me like 64 and Melee did. Part of that has to do with growing up, but really, I'm all ears for a new entry that can make online multiplayer outstanding while keeping both the casual and the hardcore gamers of this content.

Besides, I'm a gamer for life, however my time is limited and thus in order for SSB4 to really impress me, it will have to work on the online field most of all. In order to dethrone Heroes of Newerth, which is still my favorite online game, I hope that Masahiro Sakurai-san with his team has designed a fluent experience.

The issue of items being turned on or off at competitive tournaments in the past could be offered an alternative solution in the form of being able to equip or buy items before or during matches, which I think can be seen as a good example in ARTS games.

By doing so, items and hazards on stages for that matter(Which should be given the option to turn off as well) could be brought back with respect towards the metagame and tier lists. And in my opinion, this would make the matches more interesting.

Although I am up for DLC, I'm not so sure if  additional patches can be implemented towards balancing because frankly the series has a bit of an identity crisis. There are party matches as well as serious ones, and in order to satisfy both kinds, perhaps the two should have separate modes implemented instead.

I'm intrigued by what Sora Ltd. and Namco Bandai Games shall show us regarding the connection between the Wii U and the 3DS versions. Sakurai-san already talked about searching for a way to make this connection unique and mandatory in some way, and I believe there is a good chance that we will know about this next week.

As for character requests, there is only one that absolutely deserves a spot next to the other fighters, and that is Little Mac. Hailing from the Punch-Out!! franchise, this guy is just begging to be put up, because he is a professional fighter himself!

Wishful thinking regarding third party characters would be the original Mega Man, mostly because of his vast support on Nintendo consoles and his early roots of course. But I also respect Sakurai-san for not overextending this popular feature.

There isn't much else I can bring as input. I'm really hoping that I will be able to hop up on the hype train genuinely like I did previously with 64, Melee and Brawl, and I cannot wait to see what we will be shown very soon.

No comments: