Monday, June 27, 2011

Samsung Galaxy S II

At first, I was hesitating on blogging about this. But when I remembered the infinity amount of applications being available for this device, including small games, I decided on reviewing this in my blog anyway. Not that I am about to talk about every application, but perhaps in the future, another blog about this could suffice. And keep in mind that I am by no means an expert on mobile phones, plus I have yet to explore everything it has to offer.

Supposedly the Samsung Galaxy S II is the thinnest smartphone at the moment, safe for one obscure Japanese mobile phone called the NEC Medias. And even better, it feels quite light too. The interface is very good for being able to swipe through the options by the use of the touch screen. I happened to own an LG Renoir before this, which featured a touch screen too, but not this feature, so this is a big improvement for me.

It has so many applications that it would take several full days to go in depth with each of them. The Social Hub for example, connects your phone to the various social media being available online, such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace, while keeping you updated with feeds and personal messages.

There is a dual-core processor inside, allowing for quick calculations of speed to be made. It allows Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, which is always handy these days. And it also has some kind of Swipe feature for whenever typing out SMS messages, which I have yet to try.
Another application is the Android Market, which offers users free apps and charge apps for you to mess around with, play around with and be enthralled by it. Free apps like IMDb and Ebay instantly felt good to use, and I can't wait to see what is more available.

The camera application is gorgeous, not only is it 8.0 megapixel as before (the Renoir), it can also record High Definion videos, making it even more high-tech for such a small device. I have yet to start on the navigation application, but it looks great judging from first looks at it. And it's not just for driving, but also for when you're walking, which is a great feature for me.

And of course I had to check out on Angry Birds as well, the very famous app and a huge hype currently. As a veteran gamer, the game concept was nothing new, but I could see the charm the game brought to us, with it's cute sounds playing.

The S II's screen also apparently is well designed, plus it has multi-touch, making it great for games that utilize more than just one type of control. It even has SNES and PSX emulators already available somewhere, which is pretty surprising to see. At first I wasn't sure how these games could be controlled on a phone, but now I know.  

As you could see, I left out many, many features this phone has available. That's because I have yet to try them all out. But when speaking of first impressions, this is definitely a great smartphone to consider at the moment.

No comments: