Sunday, April 3, 2011

The World of Cocktails

After my latest cocktailparty for my birthday, I thought it would be nice to insert my thoughts about cocktails, but also share two of my own creations.

In the past, I absolutely avoided alcohol, I never got into wine, champagne or beer and I still do not do so. Occassionaly though, I got my hands on a mixture of a drink: a cocktail. What a wonderful invention of drinks. Cocktails for me, happen to be far more interesting than single kinds of drinks, even if they are liquors for example.

There are thousands of different kinds of cocktails around, most of them are either poor, rip-offs or slightly altered versions of others. Thankfully there are also plenty of classic ones, but the most fun I have with them is either experimenting with the drinks for myself, or looking up, trying to find the oddest and strangest cocktails of the bunch. Like a honey cocktail for example.

I have listed two of my own creations below, and both of them have been a success during the party, great to know.

-Dark Matter-

2 oz of Amaretto
1 oz of Dark Rum
1 oz of Tia Maria
Mix, and fill it up with Coca-Cola

-Flocktail-

2 oz of Tequila (gold)
3 oz of pressed strawberries
3 oz of pressed kiwi's
2 oz of Orange Juice
2 oz of Cranberry Juice
1/4 of Lemon Juice

Well if you excuse me, I will look at some splendid instruction videos as to how to create certain kind of cocktails, and learn some more.

No comments: