Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Preview

 

Having just watched the latest Nintendo Direct dedicated to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate yet again after E3 already heavily talked about it, I was kind of annoyed at first that Nintendo would re-focus on this.

But as soon as the video started, the only newcomer I really wanted to see happen is finally shown, and it's Simon Belmont from Castlevania, a huge classic franchise which simply deserved representation on it's own!

The amount of content as seen in the statistics provided by Masahiro Sakurai is insanely large, as this 5th edition is by far the biggest, hence the subtitle Ultimate. Echo Fighters are a nice idea to bring more clone like, but likable fan favorites to the mix.

A new mode as seen on the main menu is teased with blur effects, as I wonder what that could be aside from online, single, multiplayer, tournament and most likely the level editor all returning as modes.

As if 4 Wii U/3DS already didn't have enough guest characters and 3rd party newcomers, now it seems that the sky is the limit, as even Shovel Knight and Rathalos make appearances, meaning that anything can happen.

I'm also really surprised and entertained to see that even King K. Rool managed to appear as a newcomer, who next to Ridley has been requested by fans for years on end, giving the series the most playable villain fighters seen yet.

Super Smash. Bros Ultimate's hype growth has finally changed my opinion, and my patience, about getting the Nintendo Switch, which is exactly what I will do this upcoming december. Now only if Nintendo could take note of my game wishes of which I have mentioned for years, then my faith would be restored completely.

No comments: