Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Get Equipped With: Flok's 3rd Generation PC

 

After 9 years, it was finally time for a much deserved upgrade towards my personal computer.

Frankly, I might have gone a bit too far this time, as my investment into this project is bigger than anything, aside from some of my annual vacations. ;)

Every component and peripheral has been upgraded in order to satisfy me in such ways so that I will be able to work, game, study and do more on it for years to come, perhaps for another 9 years, unless something really innovating comes along the way in the mean time.

As I have always been an AMD guy, with the release of the 2nd generation of AMD's Ryzen processors, I based my custom build around that, while I purchased the sickest available consumer GPU card and brought along my first Ultra wide and curved Quad HD monitor with an overclock of up to 120hz while G-Sync is intact.

Combined with the Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11G and 16GB of DDR4 with 3.200Mhz, I can play pretty much any video game with Ultra settings, high frame rate and overall stability. The components nowadays have many kinds of RGB/LED colors, which is customizable and a nice touch.

Activating a second Windows 10 license, resolving a clicking sound inside a fan of the GPU, converting a drive from MBR to GPT and realizing that SATA interfaces need to connect to the power supply too were the challenges I had to face, but I overcame them all, and I managed to customize and build this beast of a PC and have it running with insane performance.

For my complete list of the objects which I have bought:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Wraith

MB: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wi-Fi

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition

VIDEO: Acer Predator Z35P Black 

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

M2: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB

CASE: Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Black

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Platinum

MOUSE: Logitech G403 Prodigy

KEYBOARD: Razer Ornata Chroma

AUDIO: Logitech Z333

I'm very happy that I spoiled myself with this juggernaut of a PC. I got my first one back in 2003, and purchased the second generation together with my brother back in 2009. Now in 2018, personal computing is even crazier, and I love it!

No comments: