Sunday, April 30, 2017

Current State

How´s it going with me as an overall general state?

Well, I'm actively searching for a place of my own, but the house market is expensive, and also very competitive, so despite that I am ready for moving out, I will simply have to keep searching and wait for an opportunity to arise, so that I will finally take the next step.

I control my responsibilities and my tasks of my current job, which means that the challenge and stress are pretty much over with the exception of last minute unexpected incidents, projects or changes which demand agile handling.

This means that I am ready for a true promotion, or atleast the next IT career step, because I think that I have done enough of service desk and local support in order to become for instance a system administrator, which can manage various environments.

IT certificates which I have achieved since late 2015 include ITIL Foundation, MCSA Windows 7 and PRINCE2 Foundation, while I am working my way up with MCSA Windows Server 2012 by preparing for a re-take of 70-411, which is Administering Windows Server 2012.

If I have obtained MCSA WS 2012, then I think that my company really needs to provide for a true upgrade, because otherwise I will stagnate, as my current job hinders me from doing even basic server tasks, which is a shame. My company has promised to let us all become system administrators, but if they cannot realize it on a short term basis, then what's the point?

So, while I will be able to study on my own, do workshops and learn, I will wait with some patience this year, however if there is no true merit towards the promises being made then I will simply look for a new challenge elsewhere, as I am really craving that so called career ladder right now!

And I know that I am able to perform better, skill and competence, experience and knowledge wise. This also goes for other aspects in my life, including keeping a social network, confronting romance, maintaining body health and keeping on dreaming about travelling, my own video game and general happiness.

So what is the consensus on my overall current state? That would have to be "Content, but I am working on Improvement!"

No comments: