Monday, March 4, 2013

Fruity!

Many years ago, around 2004, I created a topic discussing about fruits. Well actually, it was more about the lines of what kind of fruits each person had as favorites.

This time, I'd like to take a step back from the recent reviews and just give random comments towards fruits, because they can be quite awesome! This includes the ones I have tasted and the ones I would love to taste:


The durian looks intimidating visually as well as how it could taste, but apparently it is very high in demand in southeast Asia for consuming it.


Ah yes, the pitaya! I first tried these in Cambodia. Also known as dragon fruit, I wonder how they would taste inside one of my cocktails?


Still have to try the carambola, also known as star fruit. Such interesting forms of fruits to be found here and there.


Coincidentally, I tried a rambutan in Thailand after remembering how it looked like. Truthfully, I wasn't really enjoying it. Better luck next time!


The kiwi has been my favorite for a long time now for various reasons including awesome name, awesome color and awesome healthy, but I'm sure that there are plenty of eligible competitors available out there!


One of the many obscure ones, the salak with it's snake-like appearance seems to be challenging when imagining how it could taste!



This one should always been mentioned because of it's form alone. Worldwide famous because it can be used in so many ways, the banana continues to be dominant for many.

No comments: