Friday, February 1, 2013

Rockcan Sound E Can

This is a little bonus post I did not expect to write.

Courtesy of The Mega Man Network, arguably the most famous fansite of the Blue Bomber in the West, I was luckily chosen as the winner out from a large number of around 400 people who send their congratulations towards the blue man himself reaching the anniversary of 25 years.

Since this celebration happened, people were asked to write their own comments about the franchise aside from congratulating it in general. 5 people would then randomly be chosen in order to receive 5 different and randomly chosen prizes.

What did I get? Well, the Rockcan Sound E Can of course! It comprises of 10 CD albums with the original tunes on it for the Classic Mega Man games from 1-10 excluding M&B. Next to that, the CD's have cover arts depicting the hero surrounded by allies and the Robot Masters while having colorful backgrounds.

A booklet depicting more artwork from each game is provided, and it details the track list as well. There are even a generous amount of bonus tracks available, some of which I had not hear before yet! They usually would be remixed versions, but nonetheless are welcome additionals.

But in the end, the best object of the prize for me is the steel can itself, which has shaped itself as a real life E can, which are life supplies for Mega Man through his games. Someday I might even put in little blue energy drinks inside of it instead of the 10 albums which were there in the first place!

I must say, I was surprised of this personal announcement and once again I have to thank The Mega Man Network for giving me this valuable and perhaps even sentimental prize. My overall feeling towards the franchise in my latter post surrounding it seems to have changed much more positively, as I cannot wait what Capcom has in store for the Blue Bomber next.

And with that all said, let me share with you some pictures:

 25th anniversary!


 "Rockman! This box is a transportation device! I can’t exchange it for a return, even if it's just stained, torn or bent, so be careful!"

 FRAGILE (Crash Man), THIS END UP (Gravity Man), DON’T GET WET (Pump Man), CAUTION HOT (Heat Man).

 The massive E can!

 Unfolding the CD tracks.

 Rockman 3, my favorite Mega Man game.

 The metamorphosis of Mega Man throughout.


*Action figure not included*

No comments: