Sunday, October 28, 2012

What Do I Fear?

Here's a little bonus post about things I personally currently fear:

Wasps


Moreso than hornets or bees, wasps have frightened me since I was stung by one of them on my left middlefinger during my elementary education years. The mere sound of them passing me by my ears is a provocative tactic in my perspective to back the fuck off for the otherwise harmless insects.

Most people are more afraid of spiders, but I don't happen to be. Mostly because of their lesser mobility movements to catch up with us silly humans. There are exceptions in certain kind of species that I believe are able to jump, but I am of course talking more generally about urban living insects.

Rollercoasters


Laugh all you want, but despite knowing very well that these attractions are safe to ride, it's an exclusive feeling for me. It's not that I ever have been nautious about them, but it's more the feeling of thinking that I am about to fall into the hole of terror, especially during those fast drops from high above.

Either that, or it is the feeling that I am not falling downwards, but rather thinking that I will fly upwards from my seat if this speed keeps up. And then there's also those rollercoasters where you are hanging instead or those sections where there are corkscrews, loops, twists or whatever variations there are.

Death?


Do I fear death? It depends upon when you ask me, as I have mixed thoughts about that. Not that I constantly think about it, but there are moments in life, random ones, that these thoughts can pop up. Sometimes I do fear it, thinking that there is nothing left and knowing that I must enjoy my ride at the very best during life.

Sometimes, I don't fear it, thinking that it will not only bring complete closure, it will give you the ultimate retirement as well, and you will hopefully be able to look back at a great life, given that you have reached an admirable old age.

I suppose that all three of these phobias are psychological related. I know of the first two that other people rather enjoy them instead, and about the third one, well, I think that most people struggle with it during those moments of thoughts as well, like me.

No comments: