Friday, October 29, 2010

Farewell, the Power to be Independent

Confusing title? Well, I just heard that my bosses at Mastervolt have decided to end the contract because of insufficient knowledge available for electrical engineering still after working there for 2 months. It's sad and too bad to know that I lack that knowledge to keep up with my colleagues, because they invested too much time into me trying to understand all these tasks while their own work was on hold.

Not that I was a bad worker at all, because they praised me for my personality plus my swift and hard working way of getting the products "done" each day. It's just that too much time was constantly used everytime a new task was waiting in front of me, delaying everyone else from their own work. Indeed, "the Power to be Independent" (Mastervolt's slogan) was missing for me.

I feel sad...but hope never dies. I know that I can instantly roll back in temporarily towards my old job as a crew trainer at McDonalds, and that there is a certain IT company that was stubborn enough to keep sending job offerings while knowing that I had a job already. Well, atleast the 2 weeks that are coming up are still being paid by Mastervolt, so I have got time to let this awkward feeling disappear and to instantly jump into a new direction once again.

It's just a job after all, and all else that comes around that is taken for granted. It will all be okay once again, as I will continue to fight.

No comments: